Gameday #14: vs. Ottawa SenatorsPosted: 13/02/2013
PITTSBURGH PENGUINS VS. OTTAWA SENATORS
Senators come back to town tonight. Pens coming off back-to-back losses to New Jersey and two days of rest. More after the jump.
– Niskanen says his injury is a “coach’s decision from here on out.” Still waiting for him to hop back in. Letang is in the same spot. Both are game-time decisions. Letang thinks he’ll be out against Karlsson. We’ll see. Tanger and Nisky were on the second PP line this morning in the skate.
– In pre-game stuff, Neal and Crosby both specifically mentioned getting traffic in front of Anderson, who is the likely starter according to ESPN. Ottawa’s GAA is 1.7, a league high. That’s a tough cookie to swallow in the wake of the past two games for the Pens. Look for Cooke, Neal, Glass, and Kunitz to be in Anderson’s face all night. Sens won 2-0 in Buffalo last night, Anderson recorded a shutout.
– Jason Spezza is out. He underwent surgery last week or something.
-Sutter is heating up: points in five of his last six. Just sayin’.
– MAF in net tonight.
-Bylsma is happy with the way Despres and Bortuzzo have played. They seem like they’re locking down roster spots. Andrew and I were talking: anyone care to speculate who Shero moves? (Mike: TK and Reese or another D prospect. Andrew: TK and Philip Samuelsson. Take a guess in the comments.) Bizarre question about CEC being a place that needs to be louder. Whatever.
– Boarding calls up around the league. Whatever.
– Great post from TPB about Neal/Malkin production: here.